Can you answer the questions below? Whether you’re in an official leadership role, getting ready for one, or you simply influence others to improve results, answering these questions will help you increase your level of success.
Cultivate a Proactive Leadership Style
Good leaders are aware of their behaviors and the impact they have on others. When asking what makes a great leader, the most common responses include: “my leader cares about me,” “they know where they are going and how to get there,” and they have a “defined purpose.” In other words, they are employing proactive leadership techniques.
Here are a few exercises that strengthen desired leadership behaviors:
- Exercise 1 – The importance of self-reflection – do you know your top 3 strengths? Do you know what happens when you overuse them? How could the strengths of others complement yours?
- Exercise 2 – Are you in a position that uses your skills, abilities and talents to the fullest? If yes, how?
- Exercise 3 – What are your vision, mission, goals, and measures? Do your behaviors support these?
- Exercise 4 – Communication 1 – Are you an extrovert or an introvert? How does that impact your ability to lead others? What could you do to round out your preferred style?
- Exercise 5 – Communication 2 – Are you dominant, an influencer, steady, or cautious? What intensity of each do you exhibit? How does that impact your leadership?
Improve Your Results!
PeopleTek’s Leadership Journey prepares you to answer these questions and identifies optimal leadership skills, abilities, and behaviors.
I didn’t get here by dreaming or thinking about it. I got here by doing it.
–Estée Lauder, co-founder of Estée Lauder Companies