Want to know how your leadership practices compare against leaders identified as “the best”? Read on!
The HayGroup conducted surveys with input from 17,000 individuals and 2,100 organizations from 115 countries.
They first selected what they considered to be the 2014 Top 20 Best Companies for Leadership. The findings were:
- Procter & Gamble
- General Electric
- Johnson & Johnson
They determined that the Best Companies for Leadership purposefully develop their leaders, they clearly understand capabilities required for success, and they ensure that current leaders as well as high performers obtain experiences which build their skill-sets.
- 90% of the top 20 companies use a formal talent review process to fill leadership positions, compared to 56%
- of other companies
- 93% of the top 20 companies identify individuals as “high potentials” for future leadership roles compared to
- 67% of other companies
- 84% of the top 20 companies actively manage a pool of successors for mission critical roles compared to 50% of other companies
Development is conducted via classroom based leadership development programs which include lectures, simulations, and role plays. It also includes mentoring by senior leaders,coaching by trained coaches, and establishing a deliberate career path.
Do you conduct formal talent reviews? Do you know who your high performers are? Do you update your succession plans yearly? We’re guessing most of you do. What may be lacking is formal leadership development and career planning.
What are you doing to accelerate the growth of your high performers? And, what about your own professional growth?
QwikTip and QwikCoach
PeopleTek’s Strategic partner, E-Coach, specializes in online coaching tools.
QwikTip for Becoming a Better Leader.
And for those with a QwikCoach license, refresh your existing skills and acquire new skills by visiting the QwikTips library for leadership ideas and techniques.
If you don’t have QwikCoach, it’s an excellent resource for growing your leadership skills remotely that you should consider.
Help turn your leadership knowledge into leadership action!
Did You Know?
Graduates of PeopleTek’s Leadership Journey Earn:
- IT Professionals: 19 priSM CPD credits
- Human Resource SPHR/PHR/GPHR: 19 HR (General) credit hours
- Project Managers: PMI – up to 37 hours / 3 PSM level points
- Executive Coaches: 18 ICF CCE’s (Core Competencies) & 5 ICF CCE’s (Resource Development)
Additionally, the Journey is approved for PMI re-certification credits.