Have you made any resolutions for 2014?
Some Common Resolutions:
- Eat healthier
- Regularly exercise
- Spend less, save more
- Keep in touch/increase time with family and friends
- Live in the moment
- Get a hobby
What about from the work perspective? Is there anything you want to stop doing, and perhaps other actions you’d like to implement?
- the process of resolving something such as a problem or dispute
- a firm decision to do something
- determination; firmness of mind or purpose
What needs resolving, or, do you feel firmly about changing something?
Answer the following:
- What’s working well/what isn’t? (For you and your team/organization)
- Are you lacking any skills?
- Do any of your behaviors impact others? How?
- Which of your habits impact your life and career either negatively or positively? If you’re stuck, ask others for feedback. Ask them to:
- List 3 things you do that they want you to continue doing.
- List 3 things you do that they prefer you stop doing.
- List 3 things they’d like you to start doing.
Next, identify and replace non-productive behaviors with those that will help you achieve the results you desire. Think in terms of where you are now and where you’d like to be.
Identify what’s working for you, replace what is not working well, and commit to making positive changes that will position you for success!